View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #152
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
MACE,

I for one can appreciate what you are doing. The time, money, stress, and everything I'm sure is a killer.

I'd love to see what kind of power these cars can generate with a proper set of cams and a tune. If you don't mind me asking, with a tune/cams/heads combo what kind of gains are you seeing with the LY7 engines?

Even if the cam sizing issues are all sorted out, my worry is this: 1) Specifically for the LLT...can anyone tune it? I for one feel that if anyone has a shot, that IPF would get my money and taking on that project. That said, maybe if the cams are correct, maybe tuning wouldn't be too bad and Trifecta could do it as well? They seemed to have luck with Yellow_Glide's car BEFORE the ported heads went on.

2) My other worry is tuning with ported heads. I know this goes hand in hand with cams, but thats when Yellow's build went downhill and never fully recovered...at least not while it was at RX. I know he is still looking into more options so hopefully we will see more coming out of that. Maybe since tuning the 2012 LFX is easier, we will see more success there.

I'm not sure if cams would be a mod for me since it seems low rpm power shifts to high rpm power, but still..I'd love to see somone hit about 400 crank HP!