View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #8
Wilsonation

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation View Post
Also, why can't GM just let us order directly from them what we want? They could have some sort of verification process to make sure you're getting exactly what you want. A third party Notary could be brought in for officiating the paperwork. It would also save the customers huge $$$$$$ on "dealer fees" and markups.

Even have an online order site, after verification of the order and all the options, they could send a locally contracted Notary to size up the paperwork and just include that in the selling price of the vehicle.

Certainly wouldn't be any trouble delivering the car to your door. I used to work in the freight industry. Or leave the option to pick up at factory.

Idk, I just think whoever were to try this first would sell a helluva lot more cars since people wouldn't have to deal with salesmen, and it would save thousands on each car!
"The law prohibits GM from selling cars directly. I'm confident that they would love to directly control the way sales reps behave and the quality of service that every mechanic provides. Unfortunately, that's not possible, and GM has to trust local dealers to act on their behalf. " --The_Blur

well, nvm... but why is this law?
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!
Wilsonation is offline   Reply With Quote