View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #129
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
So on the off chance that GM is here looking for input: As a fan of this car, give thoughtful advice; not mindless criticism.

After all, we're all going to have to live with the end result. Might as well do what we can to make it a good one!
Completely agree....that part of the reason why I'm so dang opinionated in these threads lol.

So with that in mind,

If I had to elaborate on my earlier posts:

Circled area in top left photo. something about this fat bulging transition from the middle of the car to the wider read looks a bit off. I love the wide rear and the "hips" on the Camaro so I'd love for that to stay, but I think this transition would need to be softened up. Maybe something closer to the 5th gen in this area?

Circled area in the bottom photo. I really like this hard line. Its eye catching, interesting, and makes helps bring the car together. I just feel its a bit too pronounced and could be softend up. Maybe have the line start further back at the end of the front fender or maybe the front part of the door.

I love the rear. I'd leave it as is. Of course that diffusor and tail pipes would never make production...I get that. But something very similar would be sweet.

As for the front end. I like the overall shape even at the multiple angles shown. Design the bottom so that a nice looking chin spoiler or splitter could be added there. I don't like the big black area, but I know something like that would never make production. I think the LED daytime running lights they have shown here is pretty awesome.

My advice to Chevy would be to take what Ford did with the Mustang and give the car a low and wide profile. Thats about the only thing I'd say to follow Ford as that car has a great profile. As for what not to follow from the Mustang...don't give the car a corporate face. Keep it unique. Give the car interesting bold lines. The new Mustang looks nice enough, but honestly that design doesn't do much for me. Its new, but not really exciting like when I first saw the 5th gen. Creating a more exciting, striking, head turning design than the competition is the goal.
Attached Images

Last edited by KMPrenger; 12-19-2013 at 12:51 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote