View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #212
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
The Good, Bad, Ugly and the Awesome!

-The good; after falling in love with this hood at the SSCR, I found an amazing deal on one from Ebay...

-the bad- deals that are too good to be true, are. Arrived with not only a huge chip in the corner (see pic) in a box with ZERO padding packing.. litterally... hood in a box... but also an unsightly wave in the corner... thank god my body guy Mike Meyers at Chrome Fish Customs is a god!

-the ugly- after nearly 2 weeks of trials, taping, re taping, clearing, re clearing, painting, repainting... I, the bitchy consumer, was happy with the look! I had a very specific desing for the stripes in mind, it had to be perfect! However, upon installation- the latch lever hit the underside of the hood, causing chips in the fiberglass, and the front had a "Joker-esque" sh!t eating grin... aka- hood tip dipped well below the fascia lines, while the front corners rose above the fender lines! A-lot!

-The awesome; with some help from Jim at Ohio Speed (coming to the immediate rescue of a fellow forum member!) I was turned on to some tricks to adjust the alignment... and amazingly- I have almost a perfect fit!!!! one last adjustment to make (when I get time, ) and it's golden!!!!

These are preliminary picks from delivery... I still have yet to receive the new "6.2L" emblems, and haven't even started the underhood saga... that's a whole post unto itself. But, here she is for now (pix prior to hood leveling adjustments...)
hmm. quick question. marker lights are ghosted or tinted? i have a summit white car and thinking maybe black ghosted markers. not sure still.. i have seen white and i like that look but since i have some black accent parts.. yours is the closest i have found so far.

thanks!

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote