View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 10:59 AM   #41
jgray1978

Drives: '12 2SS/RS 45th vert, '14 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
I load my USB drive from a PC using WMP works great & indexes the drive to work in my Camaro & Silverado. The Camaro is a 2011 and the Silverado is a 2014 with My Link.
I format mine (4gb dedicated for the car) in fat32, create folders for artists, and then copy the files to the folders. I insert the flash drive into the USB in the car and it plays. I don't think that the car indexes or anything.

Can anyone shed some light on how WMP would affect this scenario?

Currently I have a Debian Linux workstation as well as the wife. All of our servers are Linux based except for two 2012r2 domain controllers. Most servers are virtual anyway on a pair of ESXi hosts. I think that I do still have an 2008r2 physical acting as my VMC so if I HAVE to, I'll go back to the server room and plug this USB into there...But that's is laborious for as often as I may wish to change music.

Question...Does this 2012 stereo act as an iPod control? I'm going to have to purchase an iPod/iPad mini to control the NightOwl light main module and I've heard that itunes can update over the wifi so I wouldn't even have to remove it from the car.

Criticism and suggestions appreciated.
jgray1978 is offline   Reply With Quote