View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #8
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Glad you started the thread.

It's sort of a Sturgis for Camaros except the location changes each year. Part of the fun is cruising across the country with other Camaros to a huge gathering of cars and like minded folks.

When held up North it's normally in the Summer and for down South it's in the Spring and is a Friday/Saturday event which leaves Sunday for the cruise home. You will find folks in your area or others coming from the East (in your case) and coordinate times to hook up and cruise with them.

You would arrive at the hotel on Thursday night and attend a meet and greet or some other gathering of 500 to 1000 cars. Then it's an early rise and off to the track on Friday. Some park in the car show area, others get ready for auto cross and drag racing and there is a vendor alley for you to check out all the latest Camaro accessories.

GM brings some of the latest cars to showcase and in some instances like the Z/28 you will be one of the 1st to see them. GM performance parts also attends with some of their goodies. Also, very notable GM/Camaro personalities always attend the show and mingle with the crowd both at the event and in the hotel parking lots.

Saturday is more of the same and the racing finals are normally paired up by then so if not racing it makes for some great spectating from the grand stands. Late Saturday is the awards ceremony and some special announcements or drawings.

I know I've missed a lot so feel free to ask questions and we'll keep the thread going for all the new folks who wish to attend. This event keeps getting bigger all the time as more 5th Gen Camaros are on the road now and Texas will be the biggest. It's also open to all Camaros/Firebirds and anyone can come join the fun no matter what they drive.
Ooh. Firebirds? My dad would love that. He has a 98' formula. Anyway so if I came up Saturday, I would miss the chance to drag race?

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete

Last edited by racergirl; 01-14-2014 at 01:23 PM.
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote