View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #1121
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'm not sure anyone else here really cares to see how they "square off". The Z/28 long-timers here all believe in the Z/28 as the "true" track design. We lobbied and waited for this car before it was even whispered about. As we continued our discussion we didn't believe the ZL1 to be the complete answer. So we waited, discussed and waited some more. We finally received more than we asked for. Personally I'd go for the 1LE over the ZL1 and add what Z/28 parts I could. But if you prefer the ZL1 there is a section for that.
Indeed, on a further thought, trying to applying SCCA rules seems rather pointless, as they don't apply to most people who track their cars.

A 1LE seems a great suggestion: an example of what Orange Crush has built for 53Gs is a super value for a company he keeps on track.

I so wish the Z28 was more affordable, or at least had more power. I am very glad it is here - but I am disappointed, as I can't justify its price for my purpose. But, this train has left the station, so it is time to move on (I am almost sure somebody will reply to this last sentence as a quote, LOL).

Anyhow, we are truly blessed with GM offering an amazing line up to pick from. Decisions, decisions...

Enjoy 24hrs of Daytona everyone. Hope the Bowtie boys do well in the new C7Rs. Should be fun to watch!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote