Thread: tuning software
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #236
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Doubt it. In all honesty, I don't see hp tuners offering more than the current tunes are. I'd gladly love to be proven wrong but I feel like it's honestly more about being able to tune yourself and log more than anything else. I'll gladly take that though. I want a true dyno tune and not a tune I have to be emailing someone who may or may not ignore me at any moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by white 2SS/RS View Post
Ruby I hope you understand that HP Tuners is a software that allows someone to read, modify, and re-write the factory calibration? Its not a "tune". The quality of the tune, or whether or not someone likes it, is entirely in the hands of the person making the modifications to the calibration.
In other words, ther is no canned tune here. You definitely want to make sure you do your homework when you select someone to do this work for you.

Your last question would be similar to someone asking if people were pleased with their excel spreadsheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
+1 get someone that's done a V6 or has ties to a shop who does so they can get help until they can do it themselves. Sometimes you get a tuner that is just gifted and can tune anything because they know what to look for and what to adjust.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Frost you make some great points that people should use before picking out a tuner. Us LLT people do have one thing going for us. The HPT suite already tunes the LFX ECU which quite a few tuners have been tuning successfully. From all that's been seen so far the read of the LLT is very similar in configuration. I guess looking into tuners that have done an LFX could be a benefit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
hows the tuning been for a full bolt on LFX? im assuming the gains they have gotten will be similar to us, with a slight edge maybe cause of headers? (idk)
Okay, I get that but I was referring back to the comment of lscamaro above in wondering if the LSX folks have been pleased with the outcomes they have been getting with the tuning suite paramaters since they may be similar to ours.