Thread: Demon SS
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Cold Air Inductions black 4" intake
Cold Air Inductions produces the best intake I've ever seen. Not only is the fit perfect, but the pipe leads to an insulated compartment. By insulating the compartment, CAI has effectively separated the heat of the engine from the filter. Heat transfer takes time, and it takes a lot more time with more stuff in the way of transferring that heat. Many intake brands have adopted this compartmentalized style, but they fail to reduce temperatures and produce as much power as CAI brand. This product came from RDP Motorsports.

For those concerned about flexibility, this intake has a generously flexible rubber fitting where the intake filter meets the 4" pipe. The pipe is able to move in any direction without resistance. Additionally, the engine side of the pipe lines up nicely with the throttle body. Instead of going inside or around the unit, they sit side by side. The large rubber coupling wraps around this point and has two screws to tighten it into place. This ensures a snug fit with flexibility in the event of significant engine motion, reducing wear on the throttle body and the intake alike.

This installation took only 45 minutes at the Navy base auto hobby shop. A good chunk of that time just me moving slowly, so you can do it faster if you've done this previously. CAI provided thorough instructions, although I doubt you'll need them. Unlike some vehicles, the Camaro intake is easy to access, and it is not necessary to take apart your front end to get this installed. You do not need to remove the washer bottle, but it is a tight fit with the bottle in place.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote