View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #40
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainleSS View Post
Thank you Robert, you have quite the monster as well! I am a big time lurker and do not post a lot due to a brain injury, but have read through your journal. I plan on having it in Houston, God willing, but like you am going to try to due it with the stock ECU first How is the Pro EFI working out for you?

Thanks again
Curt
Curt, first let me apologize for not seeing this earlier...

ProEFI, all I can say is wow... Granted there were some hurdles to get it workin but WOW...

The biggest hurdle was the traction control... It appears that the software for traction control was written based on the 12' - 13' model year ECM / BCM

It wasn't reading the front wheel speed sensors. Chris Delgado of D3 Engineering in Houston made a couple of trips to our shop, and worked the problem. We were told repeatedly it was a wiring issue... Chris is big with ProEFI... He checked everything and said it was proper... After numerous attempts to solve the issue, he pulled the base file down and sent it to Jason in Arizona, the owner of the company and software writer.

It only took a little while for Jason the realize the discrepancy and write a patch to install... Holymolybbqsammiches... I can't wait for the new motor and the next mile...

I set a half mile record with no traction control and street tires... At 183.7 mph, then popped the motor at the 3/4 mile mark at 217 or thereabouts...

With everything working, the new motor and road racing slicks, the next mile run should be interesting to say the least...

And in the spirit of this thread, I'll release the components of my new build after it's in the car tested and proven... I've no doubt we will destroy the current standing mile record for 5th Gens... And most any other car as well...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote