View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #22
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
I just became a dealer for them so I can share some knowledge here.

1- Some of those 94 series rims don't directly fit on the 5th Gen SS cars, you need to look at the back spacing. I believe you can run a spacer with the 2.25 backspacing fronts to get them to fit, can anyone corroborate?

2- The earliest batch of lugs are tight when used on a 5th gen. The next shipment will fit fine, but the lugs can hang up in bores when used with the Dark Stars. Race Star will make sure any lugs ordered will fit, just tell your dealer beforehand that you are ordering them for a 5th gen.
I called RaceStar before I placed my order with Kent's, they told me that the reason the 94 series wheels were on sale (w/ the 2.25" BS) is because they were basically blems. They were all supposed to have the 1.75" BS, which I was told would fit the SS brakes, but the 2.25" would not, and a spacer would be needed. I wasn't told, and didn't ask how thick of a spacer. It's a 1/2" difference in the BS between the two.

I read about the problem with the lugs not fitting due to the DarkStar coating? Hopefully it's been fixed by now. I did receive the correct lugs on Friday, but did not put the wheels on as the weather sucked. Looks like it's probably going to rain out at the track this weekend.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote