View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 09:53 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
Just pulling my car out of storage and was wondering how often do I need to be checking the supercharger coolant? When you twist the fitting and remove the cap should coolant be visable? (Cold unstarted motor). Have not done anything yet but want to go over the car before I start driving her this season.
Glad you brought this up, I have been meaning to post about this subject.

This should be treated like any other fluid level and checked at every oil change interval or before any track event.

We have found several cars with low coolant levels, when the coolant level gets low the pump won't run causing very high IAT and low performance.

The computer protects the engine through IAT 2 sensor and pulling all the timing.

Any time the system has been opened/Drained, it should be Vacuum bleed of air.

If the pump senses no load/AIR the pump will cease to run to protect it self from burning out.

So if you change a part in the system i.e heat exchanger, coolant reservoir, pump upgrade, it is imperative that proper fill procedures are done.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote