View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #27
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrella04 View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions..

I have tried removing the spacer and putting all back together again and still giving me the same errors with the same results....

Will try to do the Reset today when I get home....

- I have no other car, but I still need to get to work...can I damage the car driving it with all this?
I checked Jet's install instructions. They tell you to unbolt (4) the TB and slip the spacer in using the 2 new gaskets they provide.

Did you remove the original gasket? They can be easy to miss- tends to stick to the TB and it's a very thin metal gasket.

If you did see it (and remove it) for the spacer install, did you replace the stock gasket when you took the spacer off? Did you remove both new gaskets that came with the spacer? Were you sure to use the stock (shorter) bolts when you removed the spacer?

If you removed the "air intake assembly" as instructed, did you reconnect the intake side crankcase ventilation line? Check and make sure it's well connected and not kinked.

Finally, Jet doesn't mention unplugging the TB harness- did you? Even if you didn't, unplug it now and firmly re-attach it and make sure the wiring didn't get in harm's way and get damaged during the modifications.

And do disconnect the battery while you're doing all this and anytime you do any further mods.

Good luck and remember, you're having fun!

Last edited by Ventmaster; 07-03-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote