View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #32
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
This is for some of the above questions. So I was out on Woodward Ave (google it) tonight as it is the week before dream cruise and met Tom Peters and his wife (search Tom Peters GM) . He introduced me to an aerodynamics Enginer at GM but I never caught his name.

I ask flat out if a put a 2014 hood with vent on my 2013 would I reduce the lift and create downforce. The answer was Yes I would reduce the lift, however I would not create downforce with just the hood. We also talked about good vent placement and how it is critical to function. GM placed the hood vent on the correct location on the Camaro for function. He was talking to one of my good friends at Chrysler about how the vents on the SRT cars are not in the correct spots and apparently this was done for styling reason over aerodynamics. GM chose aero first. (Yeah us)

We talked about the balance of the car and how if you add a rear spoiler you need to make changes to the chin spoiler ect. as you are more likely to upset the balAnce than improve it if you change one or the other or both incorrectly.