View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 06:02 PM   #19
VINNY1980

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss abm m6 , 2013 zl1
Send a message via AIM to VINNY1980
So long story short... Bought 2010 camaro ls3 year ago with cai header exhaust i guess a tuned because skip shift was eliminated and no engine light because of header. But after driving for couple months things just didnt seem right to me. I though that my previous trailblazer ss was faster. So after about hearing about phil on ths website. I contacted him and discussed what i was feeling and what i want to do. He explained that he could see and also mentioned a ported throttle body. So i made an appointment. When i arrived he was very nice. He said while we what why do we put tb on. As we took off he noticed mine was already ported and he showed it to me and did even try to sell me his. After he took for a ride to get feel for car then came back and loaded it up on the dyno. He did once pull and he notice that who ever tuned before messed up the knock sensor readings and made it run so rich it was blowing black smoke out the exhaust. It made 399 hp and 389 flbs torque. So he took my tune and compair to stock and it was running way to rich. So he started his magic. He spent the next couple of hour going back and fourth. Doing different rpm ranges. He started at lower rpms and got fuel trims to where he liked and went up the rpm range from there. Also got knock sensors working right again so now the engine is safer. He finally got 25 more hp out of it. It ran 420 hp and 406 flbs of torque. The he said lets go for a ride. At that point he was still in tuner mode. We did some wot 2500 rpm pulls on road. And at that time he notice it was alittle lean so we pulled over and he fixed right there and we did three more pull and it was good. Iam very happy it feels like a different car. Oh i forgot he also tuned out the decel pop out exhaust . He did a great job i would recommend anybody to go see him. And ill even support him on my side windows. Thanks phil you did a great job even my wife noticed a differnece. It was a pleasure to meet you phil and maybe see you around at some shows. And sorry for father-in-law hes an old time racer and likes to talk.

Would also like to say thanks to joe the owner of powertech performance for i hospitiality and his tour of shop and some of the cars. It was nice to meet you also. And i will take car back when its time for more mods.

Your friend tom