View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #20641
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
let me know how they are.
I've driven the Coopers more carefully around town then to and from work pushing it hard on the Thruway ramps. Since I've never driven the Firestones or Goodyears I don't know how they compare, but the Coopers are noticeably better than the stock BFG's - maybe a lot better. They are stiffer and more stable. They feel more secure in hard cornering, felt more comfortable going faster than stock tires. I've never pushed them far enough to break-away so no info on that yet.

When I first pulled out of the tire place there was lots of traffic so I punched it somewhat and got a little wheel spin. Since then I've accelerated pretty hard without spin, good traction. Haven't tried a wide-open max start yet.

Driving down the road I think you feel the road more, including the bumps and ridges, but these tires don't dart back and forth like the BFG's - the stay stable and moving straight.

They are asymmetric with outside / inside specified. The deep grooves are wider than I expected, should be good in rain but haven't driven in rain yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by Flashpoint135; 10-02-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Flashpoint135 is offline   Reply With Quote