View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 05:35 PM   #771
Stitch

Drives: SS, CTS & SRT-4
Talking

Soul's Z06 was the talk of town at this weekend's Cars & Coffee meet up. No one really cared what else was there, everyone wanted to see the Z. It's presence will not be denied. I couldn't save the spots beside me and a GTR snuck in, leaving Soul to park between in and the end of the row. I don't think anyone even noticed the Nissan...

I don't know where to begin describing the Z. As good as it looks in any pictures, they still don't do it justice in person. The stage 3 aero kit make it look like a weapon, and the Z07 package arms it.

Towards the end of the meetup, after Soul offered to take me for a little ride, which I'll just let this quick video do the talking:

Not only was he nice enough to take me for a ride, but he even let me drive it back. I've had the pleasure of driving some nice stuff before, but everything pales in comparison to the new Z06. I don't get overly excited about too many things, but my kid-in-a-candy-store voice during the ride explains it all. The only thing that felt sweeter than getting in the Z and pulling away from the C&C crowd, was pulling back in behind the wheel after getting to experience it for myself.

It's an amazing drive. It's smooth, but visceral. The car is tame is when just cruising, and you expect docile responses and feedback from it when provided more spirited input, but do not be deceived by this machine. Power, grip and control are all always on call, delivered to you with crisp feedback. Refined aggression is the best way I can define it. It's looks beautiful, feels luxurious, and is well mannered when it's supposed to be, but controlled mechanical violence is always ready. The Z06 is a champion cage fighter in a fine tailored suit.

I'll leave you with some pictures of this beauty, but before I do, I just want to thank Soul for giving me the privilege of experiencing such a wonderful machine. He's been in some pain lately, so everyone wish him a quick recovery. Get better soon Soul and can't thank you enough!