Thread: Z/28 Wheels
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 06:50 AM   #24
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Is that lowered? The gap looks similar to a stock Z/28. How much do they stick out up front?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Car actually sits lower than a stock Z/28 on Pedders springs. The Z/28 is deceiving as the flares close the gap around the smaller wheels. You can stick your finger behind a flare and feel the the sheet metal is (a guess) 3/4" from the edge of the flare.

I run -2 degree of camber in the front and the front fenders have been "massaged" pulled slightly by hand to widen them (old racer trick when stock body work is required". I also have the ZL1 front air deflector in front of the tire and rock guard behind it.

I didn't get these to look cool or so I could say I have them, I got them because they are factory forged 19" wheels that I can stuff 305/30/19 tires and they are lighter than the stock 1LE package.

For comparison the first picture is my car on Pedders springs. The second picture is a build that Justice Pete (JPSS) just completed for a member using the Z/28 suspension. You can see the difference in ride height between the two.

There are more pictures of of my car in my build thread in the sig below.

Matt
Attached Images

Last edited by Dropspeed; 03-09-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote