View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 07:56 AM   #29
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
This weekend has been truly epic for me and my Camaro! First off I need to thank my wife, because without her I wouldn't have my car and even though its not her ideal car, she helps me to purchase the parts I want and is patient with me when I want to wash the car or just stare at it. Anyway, she surprisingly let me go to the open track day two days in a row! The first day I was keeping a safe line and not really braking hard because I didn't want her to complain when I need to get new pads, but she told me to go all out and don't worry! Wow!

Anyway, yesterday was very fun and educational as it was my first time on the track with my Camaro. All of the modifications I have done worked together so perfectly. I was thinking about getting better tires but I don't feel that way after being on the track. The P-Zero's are really really sticky, I was very impressed. I did most of the runs with T/C off and never felt loose at all, the limits were apparent and overall the car was pretty forgiving if i made a mistake.

Today I messed around with the suspension settings and felt more planted as I adjusted it. I was feeling pretty confident as well, but I know that I still need to work on shifting the weight and getting the right braking zones. There are 2 hairpins and a hard left hander out of the straightaway that always make me second guess myself. I like sweeping turns best, going near flat out is much more interesting than hard braking. I don't know how my times stacked up with others, best time was 1:05 and slowest was at 1:10, which was my first run.

There were all kinds of cars out, from tiny 1.4L european city cars to GT-Rs all sharing the track. My car got a lot of attention because there aren't many Camaros in China and I was the only white guy there too. I had a lot of pictures taken and had some very pretty girls lining up to go on a hot lap. I must have taken 4 strangers on a ride today, I'm married so I didn't even ask their names, just being a nice guy. I can't wait until next time... going back to my normal life will feel strange after living out my fantasy of being a race car driver all weekend.
Attached Images

rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote