View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #136
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Im trying to figure out where exactly the advantage is to all that high revving they have been bragging about. Peak HP@7500 isnt a significant jump from the Coyote. Esp when the TQ falls off before 5k.
Look again. It holds over 400ftlb's for a long time. Not to mention that once it's out of first its maybe gonna drop 1000-1500rpm between shifts and that is a sweet spot of that engine so don't sell it short just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777 View Post
It's amazing how different the reaction is here compared to anywhere else. So you think the numbers aren't impressive, the high revs are a joke, and the LT1SS is going to be all you need to match it. Remember how badly the Boss beat the SS in the quarter? That was with 82 less horsepower and 49 fewer torques. The weight will be within a hundred pounds or so and the R will probably be lighter than the Boss.

I think your under-estimating the benefits of high revs and a broad power-band in an engine designed for the track. It's not just the peak numbers that matter.
Exactly!!! Ford loves to over gear the mustang and I'm sure they will do the same to match the engine's power band. This car will walk away from a stock SS given both cars have good drivers. Personally I'd rather have a lt1 poweband but for a track car you can't deny the high revs. Just look at how fast some imports are with lower HP but super high revs compared to other cars.