View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 06:21 AM   #63
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
A GT 350 with track pack is $55,195. Less features? sure....depends on what you want.

I am speculating the reason the 1LE will only be in a 1SS is due weight and cost of the 2SS versus the GT 350 with track pack.

The price of a 1SS is $5,000 LESS then a 2SS and shaving weight and saving cash in the process.

People would absolutely balk at a 2SS with a 1LE because when it was all said and done, once you added the 1LE option ($4000+/-)to a 2SS with all the performance goodies checked off, it would be a $52,000 Camaro...the same ballpark as a GT 350 in price...but the GT 350 has a far better engine, unparalleled handling and would have a lighter curb weight...Thus, the 1LE is a non-competitor.

So the only was to compete, and yes, not a direct comparison (1LE and GT 350) was to ONLY allow the 1SS for weight and $$$ savings. The 1LE is not in the same category as the GT 350....no matter how you slice it.
I sort of agree with you, but the fact the 1LE will likely be faster than the base GT350 I think there is a lot of grey area there. Not the same category as far as the unique engine, etc, but in the end of the day we are talking track cars and all that matters are track times in this category so I think they are certainly in the same category.