View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 11:43 AM   #14
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
It all depends on if you are willing to pay to play. Everything has pros and cons. SS is still a fantastic car, ZL1 is a whole other beast and at a whole other league. SS is the most "affordable" and most bang for the buck you will get. Can you mod it to get it LT4 levels? Hell yeah, you won't have any warranty and the reliability will always be questionable and not have the peace of mind for spending the same amount of money that you would SS modded vs stock ZL1 but with the ZL1 you will have full warranty and if you even mod it slightly, it will provide better power than SS.

It really all depends on your personal approach of it all. I've only spent 46.5 and that was MSRP. My entire power mod list will cost me less than 2 grand and only have about 440-460 rwhp/rwhq which to me is more than enough without having risking warranty, things breaking or having to upgrade stuff. Which is why, for the power and having full warranty, I will be going with a ZL1. They will already put down 600+ to the wheels, a couple simple mods and it'll be around 650 with warranty and no reliability questioning and done.

Cost of ownership will be much higher on the ZL1 than the SS (insurance, worse mpg thus more gas, repairs, tire cost since they are larger than SS, etc). But like I said with my very first sentence, you gotta pay to play.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote