View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 11:45 AM   #33
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
I was being sarcastic. If the system worked as was described by the earlier poster it would be a simple cutout or bypass.

But, again it has not been fully explained. Does the Camaro system work like the corvette's? Is it basically two mufflers in one? If so, is the quiet path the Tour muffler sound in the video? If not, what type of sound is it? Is there going to be a system where Tour is the loud muffler for the NPP? Thus the debate. I referenced the corvette video. I have been on the bandwagon to buy this, not a critic.
My apologies for not recognizing the sarcasm.

I can see why there's some confusion, this is a new strategy for us and we need to improve our methods of demonstrating this new approach.

Once we release the Mid-Pipes/X-Pipes it will all make a lot more sense.

Anyhow, the idea is to give you guys an even larger selection of options than we have in the past by using a modular design that is somewhat interchangeable.

Sorry for the caps, bold font and underline but this is important. WHAT IS WRITTEN BELOW PERTAINS ONLY TO THE V8 WITH NPP.

The V8 without NPP, as well as the other engines (6cyl and 4cyl.), each have their own product line.

The 2 rear sections, S-Type and ATAK, both include a "quiet" circuit which occurs when the valves are closed. The difference between open and closed is dramatic with both sound levels and the difference between open and closed is much more noticeable than stock.

The next group of components you have to choose from, after selecting a rear section, are the 4 different Mid-pipes/X-pipes which complete the cat-back. The difference between these 4 Mid-Pipes/X-Pipes are "Street Legal vs. Race/Track Use Only" and "AFM vs. Non-AFM". The street legal options are "cut and clamp" behind the catalytic converters while the track/race use only options bolt to the flanges in front of the catalytic converts, thus removing the catalytic converters (which is why they cannot be driven on public roads and are for race use only). AFM = "Active Fuel Management" and this is the function where 4 cylinders are deactivated to save fuel. When this happens, the exhaust note changes and GM has included architecture within the exhaust to close valves in order to compensate for this sound change. The AFM valves are different from the NPP valves. Some Camaro owners wish to disable AFM and in that case there's no reason to include AFM valves, so both the street legal and race only X-Pipes are offered with or without AFM valves.

The 4 different Mid-Pipes/X-Pipes are as follows:
1) Street Legal with AFM valves - Borla Part Number 60610
2) Street Legal without AFM valves - Borla Part Number 60607
3) Race Only (not for use on public roads) with AFM valves - Borla Part Number 60609
4) Race Only (not for use on public roads) without AFM valves - Borla Part Number 60606

Part number 60608 is a "Touring Resonator Option" which can be added to any of the Mid-Pipe/X-Pipes for those who want to bring down the decibel level of whichever Borla setup they have. You can add this "Touring Resonator Option" to either the S-Type or ATAK rear sections so long as you also have one of the Borla Mid-Pipes/X-Pipes.

My recommendation is to pick a rear section and X-Pipe/Mid-Pipe and wait on the "Touring Resonator", you can always add it later if you want to make things a bit more quiet.

We also have long tube headers and a 3" Race Only system coming soon.

Any more questions please let me know.
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote