View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #197
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
I see that too.. luckily for me i'm after the big V-8's and I have no problem paying the extra 4k from a base GT to a 1SS. Even if they offered the premium GT with performance pack, recaros, a bunch of goodies for the same price as a 1SS I'll still take the SS!

The dif in performance is not small between the two and every weight saving, HP, Torque advantage is a big win.

As far as the lower trims, the price shouldn't be too big of a gap since people who shop there don't care for the extra 20 HP or torque.
And another unspoken attraction to the price conscious buyer is that in the Mustang you get a V6 vs the I4 in the Camaro.

Now WE know the difference etc but how many buyers care about much more than the fact they would get a 'more manly' V6 in a Mustang vs a 'Doesn't a Honda Civic have a puny 4 cylinder?' choice? "And Chevy wants MORE money for less engine?" Like I said, we know the difference but the young buyer doesn't care.

For many young people they will automatically be drawn to buying a V6 ('It's more domestic', 'Made in the USA!', etc) vs a I4 Four Cylinder ('Has to be a Foreign engine!', 'Who wants a turbo? Just something more to go wrong!').

You can hear the arguments from here... And so the young 20-something is pulled to the Mustang by: Price, Features, and most of all, a car that looks 'newer' than the 'newest' Camaro.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote