View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 01:33 PM   #12
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I mean, if he's happy, good for him. Simply put, there is just no correlation between the two vehicles. Every negative he mentioned about the Camaro screams exactly what a pony car actually is (small back seat, limited trunk space, etc.). He knew what to expect when he made the purchase just a few, short months ago.

I also didn't know much about the newer SHO's so I looked them up. The 2012 was the last year of a dated style. 2013 saw a much needed, complete redesign.

When tested, Motor Trend said the 2012 was mediocre at best.
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/taurus/2012/

I see Koon's, the dealer he dealt with, has another SHO. This one is a 2014 ($27,500 w/ 21k miles on it).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Taurus-...m=302003159671 He obviously paid less than this, considering the 2012 is the old body style. Perhaps he couldn't pay the note and needed to dump the Camaro? I'm sure the Camaro booked for nearly twice what the 4 year old SHO did. Again, if he's happy, that's cool.
I think the newer Taurus over in China should be brought over to America. I did see the listing of the '14 Taurus on ebay, it pretty much has less than 10K miles than my car. I can expect the lack of rear seat space and trunk space from a muscle car, but the Camaro was the WORST. The rear seat room of the Mustang and Challenger are a lot better, and the two have more trunk space. I did look at Dodge Chargers and Pontiac G8 GXPs before I decided on the Taurus SHO. The Camaro did cost way more than the SHO, like twice as much I guess. Maybe in the future, once Chevy comes out with a new Camaro that's bigger, but not as big as the Taurus, I might get it, but I'm sticking with the Taurus now that I've had it since yesterday.

Cars owned:

-2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 6-speed (Jan 2016-present time)
-2012 Ford Taurus SHO 6-speed AUTOMATIC, NOT MANUAL LIKE THE CAMARO (July 2016-August 2017)
-2018 Mercedes-AMG C63 S (December 2017-present time)
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote