View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #65
CFrance

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2013 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybeanrice View Post
Waste of money. Get jamming equipment if you truly want to beat system. Detection just means you know when you're getting a ticket
I thought the same thing before I got mine but I decided to get one and see what it was all about and my mind was changed in no time.
However, it really depends on a lot of things. You can't get a detector and expect that you can now do 40 over the speed limit everywhere and never get a ticket again. That would be ridiculous.

What detectors are good for is if you are doing 10-20 over (assuming you have a good detector) you should have enough of a warning to slow down so that you don't get pulled over. That doesn't mean they won't help you if you are doing a top speed run or something but obviously the faster you are going, the more time it takes to slow down to the speed limit when you get that alert. Of course, the detector doesn't guarantee anything other than it will alert you to the radar.

Also, as I mentioned in my original post, the radar only gives the officer the speed of the largest and closest vehicle so as long as there is someone between you and the radar gun, the officer doesn't have your speed. So a detector will not help you much if you go out at 3am and you are the only one on the road.

Keep in mind, I am talking about radar guns here. LIDAR (laser) on the other hand, no, a detector will not help you at all. It will just let you know you are getting a ticket. As far as LIDAR goes, get jamming equipment if you want to avoid/beat that.
CFrance is offline   Reply With Quote