View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #48
pat_t

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 HLR View Post
Pat, you need to talk to the guys who did the mods on it when it got off the boat as well as the ship yard manager. This is crazy! There is no way it should be worn out. Someone wrecked the clutch somewhere. Sorry you are going through this...
The mods were done back in Dec 2014, by Redline Motorsport. When the car was picked up from the seller in October 2016 the clutch was fine. Somehow between then and January someone has obviously wrecked it.

My issue will be proving who, when and where. The car has been through so many places on it's way here. Hauler company from Port Saint Lucie to Florida Port. Loaded on a shipping container. Florida to Antwerp (Belgium). Unloaded. Loaded. Antwerp to Felixstowe (UK). Unloaded. Loaded. Felixstowe to Southampton. Southampton to Reading. There's going to be no way I can definitively point the finger of blame at one particular firm or individual.

I picked it up from Reading and drove it ~150 miles home. I suppose these risks just come with the territory when you decide to ship a car that distance :(

To cheer myself up while I wait to call some garages and speak to some parts stockists I did a little mod and de-shark-finned the car.
It's saves a few hundred grams from the worst possible place to put weight (up high), it's un-needed aero drag (can't get OnStar in the UK anyway) and the car looks waaaay cleaner with out it

Last edited by pat_t; 11-24-2021 at 04:01 AM.
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote