Thread: Good Deal ?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 01:59 PM   #5
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotHobbies View Post
Indeed I do, but I was under the impression that dealerships do not consider upgrades to a car, only what the car is worth not what the car is worth with upgrades. But don't they take all the upgrades into consideration when selling though ?
I may not appreciate the message you are attempting to portray, did you think you're paying too much or you were doing him a "favor" somehow?

Your brother sold you a vehicle the dealer offered him $15k cash for (14k cash + 1k realized tax benefit performing a trade). He literally took a torch and burned 10 Benjamins to give you the car. The cheapest Full Bolt On I could find quickly was a 2013 @ $23k, discounting $5k depreciation and maybe another $1k for mileage puts a 2010 comparable value at $17-18k. FBO Camaros are common if you know where to look, they are available 17K+ and they sell quickly. Math for performance mods and "value" is much different than "NADA/KBB", especially on private sales. The short of it is basically a conversation that starts out with, "How much will it cost you to personally build that car on your own?". The answer is $20k+ You paid $14k instead of building your own? I hope you're mowing his yard for the next two years at least (or something equivalent).

Your brother could have easily sold his camaro privately for $17,000+
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote