View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS 1LE
F1 SUPERCARS ON SALE! $144.08 PER!

Originally I wanted to buy the Firestone FireHawk Indy 500's but they're out of stock and none planned to be made for a while. Anyway,….

TireRack.com called me to let me know it was going to be a long time before they were going to get anymore and would I like to get something else instead.

I asked the guy the normal questions and then asked…What else do you have around the same price?
Long story trimmed up a bit….

They have enough of these babies for MORE THAN 10 complete sets of OEM Goodyear F1 Supercars which they are trying to move for $144.08 each!

The “catch” if you will, is these tires are nearly 5 years old. I’ve done my homework on this and even Goodyear says that’s not an issue. To boil that point down a little further, a brand new tire that’s never been used, stored in a temp controlled environment, and not exposed to direct sunlight will last nearly indefinitely.

I’m sure there’s about 100 or more of you out there that will swear on their dead grandmother’s grave that it’s not the truth, they’re lying, just trying to sell their old junk.

To that I say…Blah blah blah.

If you’re old enough to drive you’ve probably heard of the Ford/Firestone case and that alone should tell you that a big company like TireRack is not going to sell tires that will likely put them out of business.

So I bought them.

I’ve got four tires with shipping and heat treating service added delivered to my local Firestone dealer for installation for

$725.60!

But don’t stop there folks! There’s an $80 mail in rebate that takes that stupid low price down to

$645.6 for a full set of G2’s (plus install)

The guy that helped me out was very cool and you can go through him if you like.

Todd Galbreath can be reached at:

1-800-428-8355 Ext 4673

Take it or leave it. I’ve got temp controlled garage so I may just buy a second set!

Good luck!