View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #79
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
I have done that, but you are going to have to give me a RX can because I do not have one. By the way your can will pass oil also. It is just the way they all work, the colder you get air the less oil it can hold. I have used a clear tube and filter to test on my truck and it passed less oil if mounted with a inlet tube longer also my CC has not passed any oil after 50 miles clean as can be on the filter paper. Baffles are baffles it does not mater how they look to air oil. Slow it down and cool it is the way to get the oil out of the air.
Have a owner put the filter that has a RX CC and they will be surprised.

I like my CC and it works, everybody that sells them say theirs are the best. That's with all mods. I work with this in the Aviation market and we know how it all works.

You can prove it all by just looking at what is used to dry the air before painting from a compressor. They COOL the air to get water out, they do not use some big tank with baffles. The low end shops can not afford the air water separator. ( i install them all the time for the aviation instrument shops) and end up with a HD type unit you see owners using for CCs.

I am not saying your can does not work, it does. What I am saying if you can keep your CC cooler the better it will work. Yes bigger is better, because the can can have more area to cool and condense the air oil.

Not true that if you slow the air down enough that all the oil will condense, it is that you have to lower the temp to get the oil water out of the air. It is Physics that cold air holds less water or oil, hot air will hold more, try it.

Absolutely does not...several on here have pictures posted showing the same testing we do. The RX can is the only one that cathes all, or nearly all detectable oil period. Several others come close and we endorse them, but your debating a subject that you dont have all the facts on. You claim you can prove it, but your wrong on this....the only more effective separator is the industrial ones from Alfa Laval....and your into $8-20K plus for them. Your applying your logic and ignoring the actual processes and results. Actual testing is the only way to prove or disprove a claim....not assumptions.

I'll get some links posted for you.....this is what I do, and the testing proves it...thats why I post the how to so often....its been confirmed by dozens with the same results. If it didn't, I surely would not be showing buyers how to test to prove it.

Last edited by SC2150; 03-05-2013 at 10:59 AM.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote