View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 12:23 PM   #17
Levans85

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
I know I’m reviving a pretty old thread here but hoping for some assistance. Yesterday when I was backing out to go to work my car made a loud popping noise from the drivers side wheel well. I pulled back in to my driveway and was able to duplicate it a couple of times before it stopped. Initially I thought it was a rock stuck somewhere as I found a large-ish rock laying in the driveway after. It ultimately stopped and I drove to work with no issues. Later that evening when I left work, again backing out, I heard it again.

Last night I tried to duplicate it and couldn’t. So this morning when I backed out of my driveway I didn’t hear the sound...then about a mile down the road I went to turn and heard it again.

There doesn’t seem to be any consistent pattern to when to happening other than I’m usually turning at the time (but it’s not every time).

I have no mods on my car yet and the only thing I did was wash it the night before the popping stared. I know popping can happen when brakes get wet but it’s been over 48 hours since so I would think they’d be dry. It’s in the 60’s here right now and has been mostly dry.

Edit: apologies as I also noticed this is the 1LE forum. I’ll post in the SS forum.

Last edited by Levans85; 06-30-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Levans85 is offline   Reply With Quote