View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #63
jschuler
WildCat

Drives: 2LT Imperial blue/biege
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFMaro View Post
lol, you like to sterotype people, dont you? I am not your average 18 yr old., 5 lines of credit is optimal for credit history building, just because you have lots of credit dosent mean you have to use it all. Maintaining 5 lines of credit and using them all evenly by spreading out your purchases between all 5 helps build really good credit. This will help me get a mortgage in the next few yrs as well.

Actually, I'm gonna agree with him on this one. It is not necessary to open 5 lines of credit. Having too many credit cards can also be a bad thing. I had 3 major credit cards (as I still do) which I've pretty much had since I was 18, but having more than that kept me from getting loans when I had an emergency. If you do ever need a loan they might say 'well you have $20,000 worth of credit open right now.' It's not necessarily the amount of credit you have open that is beneficial to you, it is your credit history. History unfortunately takes time. I'm promise I'm not being sarcastic. I'm sure you are very capable of handling what you take on, just putting my 2 cents in from my experiences...
jschuler is offline   Reply With Quote