View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #8
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
No you don't need a tranny jack. All I used was a regular floor jack with a block of wood. Lowered the tranny until it bottomed out and left it there for support. Now a couple hints that the video makes it harder. First, the video showed you to put on the bottom dust cover from the bottom. The problem is that there is not much room and I couldn't get any leverage. I tried to put it on from the top and managed to get it on in less then a minute. Trust me much easier from the top. The second is the rod clips. The video showed you while the tranny was out and I know why now. In the car however, not so easy. The passenger side was pretty easy since the clip is right there. However, the driver side is a pain in the a**. First the hole to put the Allen key in is in the inside and it's blind. You be lucky if you get it in. I just pryed it up with a screwdriver until it finally uncliped praying I didn't break it but it didn't. Overall it was not too bad the dust boot and the drivetside clip was the hardest. Hope this helps