View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #93
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill
What we need is to work on the car to formulate a Camaro that doesn't just speak to that 1%, but caters to the other 99% while improving on the areas only us... scratch that... only you, the 1% of enthusiast can identify with.
This sounds like something that was said inside a GM future camaro brand meeting back in 2006, cuz honestly we already have this.
The current camaro has a classic design, it's not perfect (nothing is) but no one is going to think it's ugly 2 years from now.
Change just for the sake of change is a sure fire way to screw up a design, and making the head lights look like my old 99 VW passat isn't the route I'd want chevy to take. Trying to smooth out the distinctive shape and lines on the front end just makes the facia look like every other generic car on the road.
When I think of cars that have a unique look that people never get tired of, I think of cars who's exterior shape rarely changes a lot, just gets refined over time.
Porshe, VW Beatle, corvette, mini cooper and many other brands rarely make major design changes. Constantly redesigning devalues the brand.
Now I'm not against change, I think a lot of the exterior changes on the zl1 are awesome but they are all subtle changes, and with this car I think that's the way to go. It's so easy to screw this cars design up, I'm not even sure I have total faith in chevy as the camaro is the only car chevy makes that's actually attractive to me and the guy responsible for the design is no longer with GM. So I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote