View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Well my friend and I pulled the intake manifold off and swapped over the injectors and fuel rails onto the Ozmo intake. We mocked it up and found that the fuel rail supports were not made for taller injectors, so they had to be extended. We used my current intake tube and modified it to fit the new intake. The throttle body actually extends out quite a bit further than the stock intake manifold. Here's a couple pictures.

Everything is pretty messy right now, but the wiring will be cleaned up along with the various hoses and fuel lines!

Stock intake manifold is off

Fitting the Ozmo intake

Intake tube mocked up and ready to be welded

You'll notice the fuel connectors are red and blue, which I never liked to begin with, so I will be swapping the connectors fo anodized black ones, and replacing the vacuum lines with polished aluminum ones. Since I have a catch can, we will not be using the crankcase ventilation line.

If you look on the bottom sides of the intake, you will notice popoff valves are installed. In the rare case too much pressure builds up in the intake, the popoff valves will relieve the pressure rather than blowing the intake. Pretty ingenious design!

We had to order a couple fuel fittings since the fuel rails are a little bigger. Everything should arrive tomorrow and I should be ready to get this thing tuned!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote