View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #9
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblock66 View Post
I seriously doubt that the V6 engine is more responsive to modifications. Any FI car is always more responsive b/c you have another element to play with...boost. I was recently in the tuning business for Subaru and let me tell you that there is way more potential in a turbo'd car % gain over % gain then a NA car.

The reason is that for very little money you can run catless uppipes downpipes a larger intercooler and a bigger turbo. For about $2000-3000 we had stock Legacy GTs running 350 All wheel HP. And that is a small 2.5 4 banger. That put the legacy in the very low 12's for next to nothing and that is awd too. If it didn't have that drivetrain loss it would have been like 370 at the wheels. But can you say 1.6 60' times on stock rubber

I think there is a ton of potential in that new cobalt SS. That ecotec 2.0 is a great engine. With ECU tweaking you get a lot more out of FI then NA. Im not putting down the V6 or V8 camaro but I bet for the same money you could get a much better ET out of the Cobalt then the V6.
I think you may have missed a very important point here when comparing the Cobalt SS to the Camaro v6 and how well they take to mods. You've already got a turbo on the Cobalt but you don't have it on the Camaro. Add a turbo or SC to the Camaro and then talk about responsiveness to mods.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote