View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 12:28 AM   #103
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
I don't want to host an image, but...I don't see how a functional vent could decrease aerodynamics escpecially in the Camaro... The reason I say this because with cowl induction alone, the lower pressure will suck air in from the the windsheild thats flowing over the car, Instead with the functional vent, the air will just flow through the front and be pushed out of the cowl, smoothly flowing over the windsheild and past the car....thats just my theory lol
But as you said, the point of a cowl is to draw air in not blow it out. By having a 'flow through' design you could degrade or eliminate the performance effects of a cowl induction hood. also, engines aren't the smoothest of surfaces, even with the nifty covers that they now have. lots of little bumps and valleys to create drag. How much? I have no clue, but enough to be undesireable I bet. I'm not an expert on any of this stuff so don't treat it as gospel.

Tell ya what, if camero or Fbodfather gives me the CAD files of the Camaro, I can try a simulation and see what happens. You guys use UGS at GM for that stuff don't you? If not I also have SolidEdge and SolidWorks availible (I love this school!). Now, the model would have to include the engines you use, as well as the design of the entire front end, such as headlights. In fact, just put everything you have onto a disc and send it to me. No? I promise I won't tell anyone what those features are, its just for doing a little simulation. Still no? damm, it was worth a shot!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Last edited by DGthe3; 02-27-2008 at 12:52 AM.
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote