View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #62
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildL16 View Post
My car is getting cylinder misfire codes also. I originally got it about 2 months ago and I reset it with my OBDII reader and it never came back. The car was starting fine so I figured it may just be bad gas.

Yesterday the check engine light came on again when I started it in the morning (didn't notice it running rough or anything), so I decided I would take it up to the dealer to see what they had to say about the codes. They called me after having the car for about 2-3 hours and told me that they will need to take off the intake manifold to see what is wrong and that will take approximately 4-5 hours to check, and that this will not be covered by power train warranty (currently at 42k miles so no bumper to bumper) because they state that the spark plugs and injectors etc are not the engine (quoted me around $500 to check whats wrong). I know enough to know the manifold does not need to come off to check the spark plugs so I told them not to touch it and I picked it up. Are they just trying to screw me for some money - and would this really not be covered under power train? I reset the code and will give it time to see if it doesn't come back like last time.
Do the things mentioned above then contact the dealer about the misfire re-flash. Should be free, if not go to another dealer.