View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Quartermile

Drives: 2011 2SS
Unhappy Starting to get noise complaints.

For the last couple of months my neighbors have been dropping hints about my loud exhaust. I want to have the go “F” yourself attitude but my neighbors are probably some of the nicest people you could have for neighbors and that’s why this bothers me. It’s three different homes dropping hints. One to my left and two directly across from me. One of them is a LEO. The other is an airline pilot. We all go out for drinks, we spend holidays together, my wife goes out with their wives. We all have a great time together. I don’t want to be “that guy” with the annoying car ruining the neighborhood. But this is my hobby. This is what I enjoy doing. For the last couple of months all three sets of neighbors have been dropping hints like.

Could it get any louder?
I better get my sleep in before you head off to work.
Time to get some sound proof windows.
Ever consider buying a more fuel-efficient vehicle?
Maybe you should get another car and alternate every now and then.

I’ve heard louder cars than mine. But I will admit, long tube headers and a CAM doesn’t sound so good and 7:00AM when I head off to work. The LEO and airline pilot both work nights. So when I leave for work they’re sound asleep. I actually cringe when I start the car up. Sometimes I even start it with the garage door closed then open it immediately. I really want to stay on everyone’s good side and continue our great relationship. But de-modding my car, which I have spent thousands on just to make them happy just seems absurd to me. What would you do? Any suggestions?

MY MODS

LSR CAI, LG Motorsport LT Headers & Exhaust, High flow cats, Custom Comp Cam, Comp Pushrods, LS7 Lifters, LS3 Head Bolts, NGK Plugs, MLS Head Gaskets, FAST LSX-R Intake, FAST Billet Fuel Rails, Patriot Extreme 650 Lift Dual Valve Springs-w Titanium Retainers, DOD/VVT Delete, L99 to LS3 Conversion.

Last edited by Quartermile; 06-20-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Quartermile is offline   Reply With Quote