View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #782
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
If you were an early vin and have taken your car in for the air conditioning "freeze up" flash then it has been updated already for you. If you bought it after the service bulliten for the air conditioning and I think the heater hose fix then it was done before delivery. It would be very rare to have not already had this done..If I remember this only had an effect on 30000 and under vins but cant be certain on that...sunday morning brain freeze and too lazy to look it up.

Good point to raise though. Once you have a tune installed place tape over your obdII with a warning to the dealer not to flash unless they talk to you.

They will load a flash over the top of your tune and set back to stock and then you wont be going anywhere. In my case I am converted to E85 and the car would not even start on a stock tune and would be dangerously lean.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote