Thread: Power Tailgate?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #20
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
But they want to sell Camaro's to daily drivers. That means running to the store and hitting the remote. It would be a good option but of course not needed for the LS or non RS.
This was kinda the point I was getting at, thanks . And yes there is no question that the trunk is easy to open/close from the outside, and like I said before I cannot think of a situation where a power trunk open/close is necessary on a car, and the only reason I can think of justifying one on an SUV is if the person is too short to reach the top of the hatch. But to me it is just something that adds to the "coolness factor" of the car. Now obviously many of you don't agree, but I know lots of people that like this feature who are not that interested in cars, and I think it would be smart of GM to appeal to these people who may currently think the Camaro is only for rough and tough people with few comfort features. Of course GM needs to first please the enthusiasts (you guys), but you must see GM can't sell 100,000 of these cars a year for a few years just to enthusiasts. Sorry for the "stupid question", but I think if this car is to survive for another few generations it needs to appeal to a larger group of people.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote