View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 08:26 PM   #8
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Drives: 16 Hyper & 11 Victory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cldgin2 View Post
So after using iPhone since iPhone 3G, I have switched to the Android Platform. For those of you using Android Auto, any tricks or tips you've all learned along the way?

I really like it, but so far my biggest concern is that you are "locked" out of the phone entirely when plugged in. At least that is my perception and experience. I'd love to be able to use my apple music app while still plugged in, but it seems you can't.

What tricks/work arounds have you all learned?

Thanks!!
Not sure what phone you have, but on my Galaxy (old) S5 & (new) S7 models, press the lower left "Tasking" button, this brings up other programs that were open at one time recently, scroll thru those to see WAZE or the app you want to run if it is open and just click on it, if not, click on most any app, then just back out of it and your home screen should be visible, along with whatever app your looking for ..just operate as normal then. It will go dark in a few seconds if you look away or wait too long, just open and swipe. I don't use passwords etc to lock my phone because of some of these functions..but I drive almost all day, so I am on it constantly..

NOW, with that said, WAZE will remain a live screen using AA, meaning it won't go black, other apps may do so, inhibiting some function, if not altogether silencing the app. OR, if you are plugging in and no tasking apps are avail, you will need to disconnect, click on WAZE, let it boot, then plug back in, once the AA screen locks you down, task window it and select WAZE, up and running again..

Golly I hope this makes sense...

2011 2 LT/RS Victory Red V6 M6
dreamst8 is offline   Reply With Quote