View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
shelbyGT500

Drives: 07 shelby GT-500
Oh yea here is my honest opinion of the shelby gt500.

The car is INCEDIBLY fast.To the point of you CANNOT drive it in traffic unless you are just cruising.As SOON as you hit the throttle, you are right on the brakes HARD.

The car has best brakes ive ever had or witnessed.

terrible wheel hop. 1st gear is usless.Its either hopping or spinning and most of the time its doing both.

6th gear is useless unless you take the governer off.Even for crusising at 80mph, you really dont need 6th unless your cruisong at 120-130 which is actually reallly really comfy in this car.

The car does 85 mph in 2nd gear,and 130-135 in 4th.It gets up to 155 in the same amount of time a normal car gets to 75-80.Yes i have done it Its incredibly fast and is best used on a highway.Its the smoothest car i have ever driven at 150mph.Not a whisper of outside noise.strait and tight grip on the road.No floating nothing.I can easily see 175-180 in this car.Its definatley got the power and gear to go that fast.You gould litterally go in and out of traffic at 120mph and feel more than comfotable.(No i have not done this but you could)

decent headroom (forget the back seat unless they are 8yr olds).

Definatley needs louder sound from exhaust.A stock 89 gt was louder

Shifting is not exactly superb but id pretty good.Kind of hard to shift into the right gear.(too many gears) I really like 5 speeds myself.

rides like a luxury car until you steer hard when its grips incredible and firm..Its the best overall sports car ride i have ever driven although its got its negative factors also.

I paid $18k over sticker a for a total of $61k and have been asked if i would again.YES YES YES Truthfully if this car was priced same as a loaded c6 (not ZO6) which is around $60k, I think its a steal.Ford tried to do the right thing by making the stickers low 40s but we all had to pay more.No its not a corvette but it is a shelby.I would have rather the MSRP be higher than get raped like i did.

Matter of fact, if chevy wasnt going to make a camaro and doge a challenger, i would buy another to mod heavily and keep one original.Instead i will buy 1 of each and be broke

Any questions just ask.As you can see, its not my daughter,ill tell you the truth, its only a car.