View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #13
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Bowtie guy, the Bently's TT V8 has a ton of torque. Peak HP numbers only tell about 1/4 of the story. And 0-60 in 5.2 is high performance for a luxury land-yacht weighing north of 5000 lbs, whereas the Cobalt SS weighs under 3000 and is actually aerodynamic. I really cringe whenever people here think pricing should be solely tied to HP or 0-60 times.
450ft lbs. of torque is not a ton. Im sure it has a near flat curve that's as broad as the entire RPM range, but that doesn't change that 450 rating. When I think of high performance luxury sedan my expectations are still better than this. Should it be solely tied to horsepower ratings or times? No, but when you are selling something that you are trying to market as "high performance" then you have an obligation to make it perform compared to the competition. Cadillac and Mercedes and Jaguar all have cars just as nice (if not nicer) that would stomp this car.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote