View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:58 AM   #13
walhan_qtr
..[ Z06-QTR ]..

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS RS M6/ 07 C6 Z06
Send a message via MSN to walhan_qtr Send a message via Yahoo to walhan_qtr Send a message via Skype™ to walhan_qtr
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblacksls View Post
This test has been done 100 times before. And it's pretty much always the same. With the fast being worth little to nothing over an ls3. The after numbers are right in line what most would expect. So again my point is most shouldn't expect to gain 20rwhp off a fast. Because if this thing was makingg 470 480 like lots of other cam only cars, do you really think a ported fast would put you at 490 500?

100 times?? can you please share the result of some of these tests?? and who made them??? i personally know of 3 cars that has the fast intake installed ((including mine)) that have seen gains with the fast intake and stock tb. maybe mine showed a little more, but im gussing because of the cam and because every car is different and acts different to different mods!

here is my buddy's none cammed car where he gained about 11whp and 12wtq with the ported fast intake by Clint@air.

and i dont have a vid of the other car, but he gained about 12whp and 17wtq with a none ported fast intake. his car is also cammed. i have my buddy too who has a ported fast intake also ported by ragin racin for more than a month now but he didnt install it yet, i will try to ask him to do a before and after dyno on the same day and same dyno to show the gains and be as accurate as possible.

so three cars with three different tuners have seen gains and all intakes are different ((one ported by RR, one is none ported and one ported by Clint@AIR))

this was the same with Z06s ((i know its different but just as an example)) where people/shops claimed little to no gains over the stock intake, but now everybody is installing them and seeing some nice gains with it. I personally have one on my Z06 that was ported and recommended by Carlos@vette-air in order for me to hit over 600whp n/a with a street cam.

so again can you please show me the results of the tests you have?? because lets just assume I gained 20whp/24wtq from the retune and not actually from the intake ((which is hard to believe since the car was tuned by the same tuner, can he be off by that much the first time!!?)) how about the other two cars??

I dont get paid to say this, so I have no reason to lie. and really I can care less if anybody thinks I was lying. the imp thing is im happy!! If I didnt see any gains with mine I wouldnt suggest it to anyone. but anyway just thought i would share my results. maybe my car is a freak or my stock intake has a defect from the factory and was blocking some of the air which can explain the gains I got from the fast intake?? I dont know! all what I know is that the car picked up 20whp/24wtq from the fast intake and retune. was it actually the tune or the fast intake?? again I dont know
- 10 Black Camaro LS3, 2SS/RS, H/C/I, bolt-ons, Spec. (470whp/450wtq).
- 07 Black Corvette C6(SOLD).
- 98 White/Red Corvette C5(SOLD).

Last edited by walhan_qtr; 12-06-2010 at 08:40 AM.
walhan_qtr is offline   Reply With Quote