View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #13
kelleyperformance

Drives: DD- 15' Chevy SS Sedan
i own a chasis dyno, and did three baseline runs on my LS3. i also have a roto-fab CAI, and no other mods at all yet. i performed three more runs with this intake, several days later. note, the ambient temperature and relative humidity were within 5 degrees of the baseline runs, and of course the same oil and coolant temps, same gear.

i found the IATs with the stock intake to be between 120-135 degrees during testing, one fan in front of the car. the roto fab was at all times at least 10 degrees or more less than the stock airbox temps. like said above, at idle and low RPM the two IATs were similar, but as the car started drawing more air the temps dropped noticably further than the stock setup.

i have no reason to falsely claim power for this system... i dont sell them, i didnt get mine for free. im just posting accurate results to help better discuss the actual improvement of an aftermarket intake system on the camaro. i did the dyno runs for my personal knowledge (but figured id share seeing how big of discussions have risen from these CAI testings), and will do at least three baseline runs for each product i install. i saw consistant gains, in between what ted and rotofab saw. i feel they both are accurate, and dont understand why there is so much critizism over the different results.