View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #2813
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinPoutine View Post
Just wanna thank the posters for this thread. After buying my truck I had lent my 2011 2SS to an employee who "needed a car to survive". I told him premium fuel only. 6 months later when I picked up the camaro from the impound there were several things wrong with the car. Lots of body damage etc but what really broke my heart was that the engine wasn't the same. I did an oil change and bought new tires. Put dozens of tanks of premium back in but it was never the same. I had to floor it to get any type of growl. I somehow stumbled upon this thread while searching for ways to improve my engine including exhaust and CAI filters. I eagerly did the fuse pull and low and behold the engine is 90% back to what I remember....and I am falling back in love with the car. I guess my ex-employee was putting in 87 in the tank for 6 months. This guy used to show up to the gas station empty and put 5$ of gas in at a time....should have known he was not gonna listen about the premium. So thanks again...I think i will still pursue the kooks headers and borla s type exhaust with CAI mod too. One by one.

Much appreciated thank you.
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote