View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:48 AM   #22
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
^ It would if it had to do it any day, hot or cold on various road surfaces and road conditions all without dropping tire pressure or a big burnout, or drag radial's. That's the beauty of AWD and dual clutch transmissions is that they can repeatedly click off 10 second 1/4's and kill just about anything up to 130mph at the drop of a hat while out for a Sunday cruse.

The GT-R is impressive and I wish I didn't have to put on my DR's and skinnies with 15 psi and a big burnout with perfect conditions to run the GT-R's 11.1 in my GT500 which make's 100 more whp stock then the 2012 GT-R and even weighs less at 3,660 lbs w/ my Racestar's. It would probably take me and most conventional RWD manual's an extra 350+ whp on street tires to be able to beat a 430awhp high 10 second 2012 GT-R in the 1320.
First, I'm not trying to underplay the GT-R's accomplishments because I do really like the car (besides its looks, seriously, wtf on that part) and would enjoy owning one some day... but let's not understate the accomplishments of the Vettes and even the Mustangs.

IIRC, Hasn't one of you GT500 guys run 10s with some suspension mods and DRs? Pretty damn good for a $35K+ deficit compared to the GT-R. Also, let's be honest here... It doesn't take Evan Smith to run low 11s with computer-precision AWD and dual-clutch transmissions with paddle shifters. Their consistency is what seems to be their main advantage IMO.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote