Thread: Taurus sho
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 06:06 PM   #23
scott9050

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Explain how we’ve had both since brand new and BOTH slip like crazy? I’ll put the Explorer in drive and if I don’t wait a few seconds before I give it gas it spins then bang I lurch forward. Same thing for taking my foot of the brake on a hill and they both roll backwards, not creep, but flat out roll. When going from reverse to drive, again they spin if you don’t wait. The Camaro doesn’t do it. The Impala I had before the Explorer didn’t do it. My daughters Malibu doesn’t do it, and neither does my Dad’s LaCrosse. I even drove one of the new AWD Taurus patrol cars at a homicide scene and it did the same roll back crap like the Explorer. I’m not saying I’m power shifting it when going from park or reverse, but if you don’t actually wait a few seconds it will physically bang hard and lurch. I find it hard to believe it’s only these 3 cars. The Taurus patrol cars have had transmission and drive shaft issues. The Impala we used before had brake and cooling issues, so nothing is perfect, but I NEVER had the Impala act like the Explorer does.
Sounds like it needs the latest strategy program from the dealer. Glitchy drive by wire programming can also cause the car to hesitate then lurch forward. A good aftermarket tune solves that issue.