View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #93
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
So today I finally got round to installing the NightOwl Halo Kit which I have had waiting to be installed for a few weeks now.

I enrolled the help of a couple of friends who are much better with both electronics and general car maintenance than me - and in all honesty there is no way I would have this up and running without them...they did pretty much all the work for me!

So I need to give a huge thanks to both James (ZaBeast07) and Doug ( 2SShowngo) for their help today!

Here is a pic of their cars protecting mine in James Garage where we did the install:

The first job is of course the bumper removal - it was the first time any of us had taken off a ZL1 bumper, but both James and Doug had removed V6 and SS versions - they will both attest to there being just a few more screws to take out on the ZL1 version!

Once the lights were out the hardest part of this install was absolutely the installation of the LEDs in the housing - you need a LOT of patience and some pretty small hands! With some perseverance though (and a couple of hours! ) we managed to get it all done....and then we put it all back together.

The kit is absolutely awesome...I installed the Halo Kit, Grill Light and DRL Harness...so now I can control all the front lights individually using the NightOwl app on my phone - Haven't really had much chance to play with any of the programs yet, but couldn't resist just setting up this one - of course I won't be running with it on the street anytime soon! (sorry for the poor quality video from my phone)

Overall I'm very very pleased with the Kit - it's going to make the shows I attend at night a little bit more fun now